Monday, April 14, 2014

New Life


Lately I’ve been praying for new life.  As I kept praying all I could see were branches that were so damaged by the storms that they were surely dead.  Dry and brittle, worn and ragged.  But I knew that beneath the soil, deep down where no one could see, that there was life, and He was that life.  Rooted and anchored in the Son my weary branches would give way to new life again.  Spring would come, brown would give way to green again, and the barren branches would be a season in the past.  Let it come God, let it come.  I’m ready.  I’m so ready. 
And He answered me.
He surely answered me. 
Ya know the kind of story that comes along once in a while that is so good it’s almost hard to believe?  That as you hear more of it you keep saying, “You have GOT to be kidding me!”. The kind of story that seems to be just a little too good to be true.
The God kind.  I love those stories!! 
Well I’ve got one., and it’s GOOD!    
We are relocating indefinitely to the mountains.  Where it’s green.  And anything but barren.  A place that screams of life.  A place that’s slow, a sanctuary of rest.  A place with more family.  A place full of answers to our prayers.
A place where my kids will grow up with their grandparents and aunts/uncle around every single day, not just on holidays.   Somewhere that’s full of hands eager to love our family and lift our hands, a place where mama can breathe more and daddy can slow down. 
A place where our sweet boy can get ALL of the treatment that he needs with caretakers who listen to us and believe the same as we do, that botox is not the answer and serial casting is the ideal course of treatment for kiddos like Levi.  A place where our concerns are met with understanding and solutions instead of confusion and disappointment.  A place filled with people who are willing to design a custom plan just for our boy, who are invested in his well-being without even knowing what a gem of a soul he is.  Caretakers who care.   
A place where he can receive all of his weekly therapies instead of being just another name on a waiting list.  A place where he has the best shot at thriving, whatever the outcome may be.  A place of abundance.
A place where we can be a family, to connect, to start fresh.  A place to plant some seeds and watch them grow. 
A place where my soul will find new life. 


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful :) God is amazing like that. We feel like we're at a dead end with no hope and then he suddenly makes everything clear and gives us an obvious path to take. I'm happy for you guys!

    You know the scene at the very end of The Lion King where Pride Rock is all gross with dead bones and then the rain comes and washes everything away and it's beautiful again? Your vision reminds me of this.

    ReplyDelete